Monday, April 26, 2010

One Pound of Fat

Hello, do you know me? If you don't you should. I'm a pound of fat, and I'm the happiest pound of fat that you would ever want to meet.

Want to know why? It's because no one ever wants to lose me; I'm Only One Pound, just a pound.

Everyone wants to lose three pounds, five pounds or fifteen pounds, but never only one, so I just stick around and happily keep you fat. Then I add to myself ever so slyly so that you never seem to notice it, that is until I've grown to ten, twenty or even more pounds in weight. Yes, it's fun being Only One Pound of fat, left to do as I please.

So, when you weigh in, keep right on saying "Oh, I only lost one pound." ( as if that were such a terrible thing!) For you see, if you do this you'll encourage others to keep me around because they will think I'm not worth losing. And I love being around you - your arms, your legs, your chin, your hips and every part of you. Happy Days!! After all, I'm Only One Pound of fat!!!

5 comments:

  1. Awesome post! Great way to put that one pound in perspective!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I have had a few one pound or even 1/2 pound losses recently. Although, frustrating at times I am trying to keep the right perspective. They've all got to come off some time! Even if it is only one pound at a time.
    Welcome to the healthy you challenge. I look forward to following you.

    barbgetshealthy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post!! I always try to think of a package of meat when I "only" lose one pound. It really puts it into perspective. Welcome to HYC!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll say it again- great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Makes you think a little about all the silly things we say.

    Welcome to HYC

    ReplyDelete