Thursday, May 6, 2010

My Lasik Eye Surgery

Today, we traveled to Auburn, AL for Dr. Hollis to do my lasik eye surgery.  I was perfectly fine during the 4 1/2 hour drive, but when we got to his office I was as nervous as a cat on a hot tin roof.  I went through several different tests and then met with Dr. Hollis.  He did several tests also.  Then I took a couple of Xanax to relax me.  After about 20 minutes it was time for my surgery.  The surgery took about 6 minutes.  I was able to see pretty good after surgery but it was still a little blurry.  It has been about 5 hours since the surgery and I can see really good.  I am working on the computer and watching tv and everything is clear.  I can't get used to the fact that I see without glasses or contacts.  I go back in the morning for a checkup.

3 comments:

  1. Wow...that's great!! Enjoy your "new eyes". :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow....I can't even imagine what that would be like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For a long hour drive, the surgery sure was fast. LOL! Seeing how you posted this as soon as your appointment was done feels like you're the happiest person on Earth. =D

    Bruno Hill

    ReplyDelete